CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF VERO BEACH, FLORIDA EMERGENCY ORDER JUNE 30, 2020, REQUIRING THE WEARING OF FACE COVERINGS OR FACE SHIELDS
1. All persons working in restaurants, grocery stores, food service, salons, gyms, and retail establishments, or businesses open to the public OR any other indoor facility visited by the public where social distancing is not possible within the incorporated area of the City of Vero Beach are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings or face shields.
2. All persons entering an indoor City facility including, but not limited to City Hall, the Police Station, Public Works facilities, Airport facilities, Recreation facilities, City Marina, etc. where social distancing is not possible shall wear face coverings or face shields.
3. All persons utilizing public transit and transportation m City of Vero Beach shall wear face coverings or face shields.
4. All other persons physically present in any public place, including beaches and parks, where social distancing is not possible are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings or face shields.
5. A face covering includes face shields and coverings, which snugly covers the nose and mouth, whether store bought or homemade, which is secured in place. Persons who wear masks should review the CDC and Florida Department of Health guidelines regarding properly and safely applying, removing and cleaning masks.
6. Medical and surgical masks, such as N95 masks or other similar medical surgical masks, should be reserved for health care personnel, police, fire fighters, emergency management and other first responders engaged in life/safety activities.
7. A face covering shall not be required for the following persons:
A. Persons under the age of two years;
B. Persons observing social distancing m accordance with CDC guidelines;
C. Persons for whom a face covering would cause impairment due to an existing health condition or disability;
D. Persons working in a business or profession who do not have interactions with other persons;
E. Persons working in a business or profession who maintain social distancing from another person;
F. Persons working in a business or profession where use of a face covering would prevent them from performing the duties of the business or profession;
G. Persons exercising, while maintaining social distancing;
H. Persons eating or drinking;
I. Public safety, fire and other life, safety and health care personnel, as their personal protective equipment requirements will be governed by their respective agencies; or
J. The requirement shall not apply when a person, who is hearingimpaired, needs to see the mouth of someone wearing a face covering in order to communicate.
8. This emergency order is intended as a measure to seek voluntary compliance with the provisions contained herein and to educate and warn of the dangers of noncompliance. This order may be enforced pursuant to Sections 252.47 and 252.50, Florida Statutes, at the discretion of law enforcement personnel.
9. The City Manager is hereby delegated the power and authority as provided under the City ordinances and the emergency management plans, and all other applicable laws, to implement and enforce this emergency order and to take such action as he deems necessary for public health, safety, and welfare purposes. The City Manager shall make a public announcement that access to all City beaches shall be restricted to City and Indian River County residents only, from 7:00 A.M. Friday, July 3, 2020 to 10:00 P.M. Sunday, July 5, 2020.
10. This emergency order shall be in effect in City of Vero Beach beginning at 12:00 P.M. noon on June 30, 2020, and will expire as provided by law unless extended by executive order issued by the City Manager.
Our PIO Officer is responsible for providing information to the public through various outlets.